What Are the Benefits of Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar has several benefits that we don’t typically consider. However, it’s important to note that Surya Namaskar has exactly 12 positions, each of which can make a significant difference in your spirit, body, and mind.
Before we get into the details about the overall benefits, we need to learn more about the 12 Surya Namaskar positions and how each one can benefit you in different ways.
Benefit of Pose One and Twelve: Tadasana
· It aids in the restoration of your body’s balance.
· The Tadasana encourages the respiratory system to be stimulated.
· The shoulder, back and neck muscles are all worked out.
Benefits of Pose two (and eleven): Urdhva Hastasana
· It helps the digestive system and digestion.
· It works the muscles in the arms and shoulders.
· It tones and strengthens the spine.
· Back and hip flexibility improves.
Benefits of Pose three (and ten): Padahastasana
· It aids in the circulation of blood.
· The Padahastasana tones the abdominal tracts.
· Muscles in the back and legs are stretched.
· The lymphatic and spinal nerve systems are activated.
Benefits of Pose four (and nine): Ashwa Sanchalanasana
· The spine receives a strong message.
· Muscles in the hands and wrists are strengthened.
Benefits of Pose five (and eight): Parvatasana
· It strengthens the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
· The wrist and arm muscles are also greatly strengthened.
· Stress in the neck and shoulders is reduced.
Benefits of Pose six: Ashtanga Namaskar
· Muscles in the legs and arms are strengthened.
· The flexibility of the neck and shoulders improves as tension is relieved.
· The arms, as well as the shoulder, back, and neck muscles, are stretched during the process.
· It works out the back muscles as well.
Benefits of Pose seven: Bhujangasana
· The digestive system’s circulation is improved.
· The gastrointestinal tract is toned.
· Both the upper and lower bodies are stretched.
· Back flexibility is encouraged.
· The spine’s nerves are activated.
Pose eight through twelve
It is frequently the repetition of previous poses, so their advantages are also repeated.
Consider the overall advantages of Surya Namaskar.
It is simple to reduce weight.
If you can master the numerous steps, you will be able to gradually increase the speed of Surya Namaskar. Surya Namaskar Yoga for weight loss is well-known, and it can assist you in losing weight safely. Because your abdominal muscles are extended outwards, your tummy can comfortably shed weight, boosting your metabolism and so benefiting you.
A radiant complexion is an unbreakable vow.
Your face’s blood circulation is significantly improved. The benefits of Surya Namaskar for skin and face include a bright glow, as well as a reduction in wrinkles and Crow’s feet. Surya Namaskar helps to prevent premature ageing of the skin. Surya Namaskar should be done every day to achieve good outcomes.
You can attest to the fact that your digestive system is in good shape.
It improves blood flow to the digestive tract and helps the intestines operate better, allowing your digestive system to run smoothly. The forward posture expands the abdominal space on the inside, allowing excess gas to be released from the digestive system.
The menstrual cycle has been stabilised.
The menstrual cycle becomes less uncomfortable, the abdominal muscles become stronger, and the activity allows the fat on the ovaries and uterus to be reduced, making them more active.
Blood sugar levels are easily controlled.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar Blood sugar levels remain stable because the pancreas is exercised by the regular expansion and contraction of the stomach, which stimulates the pancreatic cells that regulate blood sugar levels.
Anxiety is reduced or eliminated.
It improves memory, can help you relax, and so relieves anxiety. The adrenal glands receive a clear message, and anxiety dissipates.
It aids in the cleansing of the body.
Through a more empowered breathing and exhalation process, your body detoxifies quite well. With the new surge of blood and oxygen going through the respiratory system, the lungs get a lot of air and are properly ventilated. It aids in the removal of carbon dioxide and other poisonous and gaseous compounds from the body.
Insomniacs can undoubtedly get a good night’s sleep.
If you feel the desire to sleep in the middle of the night because you haven’t slept since you put your head on the pillow, get up and conduct the Surya Namaskar once or twice. Surya Namaskar advantages include getting a good night’s sleep and feeling more energised.
Individuals who mustn’t attempt Surya Namaskar
· Individuals who are suffering from spine problems
· Women who are pregnant after the second month.
· People who develop kidney stones or suffer from chronic renal disease of any severity.
· Individuals who have recently undergone open heart surgery.
· People who have a hernia but have not yet had it operated on.
· People who have appendicitis but have not yet had their appendectomy.
· People who are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer, brain tumours, or other debilitating disorders should avoid doing such strenuous exercise.
Surya Namaskar postures promote general body growth and development. It ensures that your body performs better under stress; it helps you strengthen your bones and back, besides making you emotionally and spiritually stronger. Apart from performing the Surya Namaskar, ensure that you bathe in cold water every day to ensure that all of your body’s cells are fully energised. You should try to bathe in cold water or tap water before doing it in the morning. You can also rub your body with sweat that escapes; this gives your skin a healthy sheen and helps you maintain a lot of energy. Don’t drink more water than your body requires; instead, pay attention to your thirst and drink 10% more water. The benefits of Surya Namaskar are numerous, and you must first learn various movements of Surya Namaskar.